Jet2 has added more flights and packages to the Algarve and Madeira this summer after the Portuguese destinations were included in the UK and Scottish governments’ ‘green’ travel lists.
The company said summer 2021 bookings for both destinations rocketed more than 600% in the 24 hours following the green list announcement. They were up more than 1,300% over the previous week.
It has added extra flights from Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle and London Stansted from late June.
Jet2 announced last month that it was delaying the start of its summer programme until 24 June due to uncertainty about which destinations will be open to tourists.
The additional flights and holidays on sale from today are:
- Birmingham Airport – weekly Saturday services from 3 to 17 July
- Bristol Airport – start on 2 July instead of late-August, with Monday and Friday flights
- Glasgow Airport – weekly Sunday service added from 27 June to 8 August
- Edinburgh Airport – Tuesday service added from 29 June to 31August
- Newcastle Airport –Tuesday service added from 29 June to 20 July
- Manchester Airport – Saturday service added from 3 July until 28August
- London Stansted – Friday services added from 2 July to 24 September