Brits warned they might need 3 extra documents for travel to Spain

TUI loss
By Linsey McNeill
Home » Brits warned they might need 3 extra documents for travel to Spain

The Foreign Office has updated its travel advice to warn that additional documents might be required to enter Spain post Brexit.

It says that at Spanish border control, Brits might need to show a return or onward ticket and that they have enough money for their stay.

They might also need to show proof of accommodation, such as hotel booking confirmation, proof of address if visiting their own property, or an invitation from a host or proof of their address, it said.

The Foreign Office added: “The Spanish government has clarified that the ‘carta de invitation’ is one of the options available to prove that you have accommodation if staying with friends or family.”

The same rules apply to all ‘third countries’, which includes the UK since it left the European Union.

However, British travellers over the age of 18 are now allowed to use e-gates at Spanish airports, which are normally reserved for EU-only arrivals.

But the Foreign Office said Brits using the e-gates should make sure their passport is stamped by a border officer to make sure they have proof of their entry date since there is a limit of how long they can spend in the EU.

Share this article

Latest News