The future’s bright – join us! 😎
Travel is back and we are growing… Impressive Business Development Manager sought for our trade media business.
Travel Gossip is a fast-growing travel trade media brand offering travel industry news, social media marketing, trade events and travel agent rewards .
We are looking for an experienced sales-focussed individual to join the sales team to develop business, manage accounts and attend events. You will report directly to the existing Head of Sales.
- You will be responsible for acquiring new business from new clients, dormant clients and existing clients through effective business development and client relationship management
- Identify new areas for lead generation to foster new opportunities and revenue growth
- Effective and diligent management of the company’s CRM system
- Create in-depth market knowledge of key decision-makers, budget holders, budget dates, upcoming RFPs within our sector etc.
- Manage existing clients and provide proactive support and attentive account management
- Sell a wide range of digital products to the travel trade, adapting behaviour accordingly to secure business
- Attend travel networking events on behalf of the business in UK and overseas
- Host a small number of agent roadshow events around the country
- Create and send professional, bespoke client proposals
- Support sales activity via effective social media activity on your personal and company profiles
- Updating weekly KPI & weekly activity updates
- Meet your sales targets
- Extensive client-facing experience, with a background in sales, business development and account management
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of businesses and organisations in the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors including tourism boards, travel suppliers, cruise, airlines, tour operators, hospitality brands, PR & representation companies and trade bodies
- Ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation through the close
- Proactive with the ability to work on your own
- Technical, digital and social media know-how
- Strong IT applications experience e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Mailchimp, CRM (Hubspot)
- Attention to detail with exceptional written English
- Friendly, outgoing, professional manner with great presentation skills
- Savvy negotiator with the ability to think outside the box to secure business
- Experience in either trade media sales, travel industry or travel trade account management is preferred but not essential
HOURS: Full time or Part Time
SALARY & COMMISSION: Base salary: £25k-30k plus OTE up to 50k
LOCATION: Homebased – Anywhere in the UK. Greater London region preferred due to the number of travel event opportunities which arise.
START DATE: mid-April 2022
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.