Windstar Cruises has cancelled its Asia cruises for autumn 2022 due to uncertainty about ports reopening in the region.
Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines and South Korea are all still closed to cruising.
Seven itineraries on the Star Breeze are affected, including a crossing of the Pacific from Alaska to Japan, two Grand Japan sailings, Island Hopping through Japan, Windstar Crew Hometowns: Philippines and Indonesia, Hidden Indonesia & the Great Barrier Reef, and Edge of the Outback.
Instead, Star Breeze will extend its Alaska season with an additional itinerary (Alaskan Splendors) in late August, followed by West Coast Epicurean Extravaganza down the coast of the US, a trans-ocean voyage from San Diego to Tahiti and five sailings in French Polynesia.
Windstar has also announced what it says is its ‘biggest ever exclusive UK sale’ on more than 140 worldwide sailings departing between May and December 2022.
The sale, which runs until 30June, offers savings of up to 60% and includes both short- and long-haul itineraries, as well as cruise tours and the longer Star Collector voyages.
Included in the sale are:
- Nine Alaska voyages ranging from seven to 14 days
- Three Australia & New Zealand voyages ranging from 11 to 14 days
- 32 Star Collector voyages ranging from 14 to 21 days
- 35 Cruise Tours ranging from nine to 18 days
- 19 Greece itineraries ranging from seven to 10 days
- Eight Italy itineraries ranging from eight to 10 days
- 14 Mediterranean itineraries ranging from seven to 10 days
- 18 Northern Europe itineraries ranging from seven to 11 days
- Three 14-night ocean crossings
- Three seven- and eight-night Tahiti itineraries
Prices start from £1,523 per person for a 14-night sailing from Lisbon to St Maarten departing 26November, with savings of between £776 and £1,047 per person.
The highest saving overall is £5,941 per person. This is on the 17-night Star Collector: Eastern Mediterranean Icons sailing from Istanbul to Athens departing 23September with cruise prices from £4,721 per person.