Planned strike at Heathrow called off – for now

By Lisa James
02/03/2022
Home » Planned strike at Heathrow called off – for now

A planned two-day strike that threatened to disrupt flights at Heathrow later this week has been suspended.

HGV drivers at Heathrow airline catering company DO & CO had voted to take action from 04.00 on Friday 4 March until 23.59 on Saturday 5 March in protest at pay and conditions.

The union Unite warned last week the industrial action would cause ‘major disruption for BA and other airlines as pilots and cabin crew are required to have food on board as part of their contracts’.

In an update, a Unite spokesperson said the strikes have been suspended while around 100 drivers vote on a new pay offer.

“This means that the strikes due to have taken place tomorrow (Friday 4 March)and Saturday (5 March)over pay have been suspended while the drivers vote on the offer,” Unite said.

The new ballot should be completed by Friday 11 March.

Share this article

Latest News

Loading