British man dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at Spanish holiday villa

British man dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Spanish villa
By Lisa James
10/05/2023
Home » British man dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at Spanish holiday villa

Police in Majorca are investigating after a British man died and his wife was found seriously ill at their holiday villa.

Jaime Carsi, 40, an analyst for a Scottish investment management firm, was found dead on Saturday at the villa by emergency crews and Mary Somerville, 39, was discovered next to him.

She is understood to be in a serious condition in Manacor Hospital, the BBC reports.

The couple, believed to be newlyweds, were staying at a rural property in Cala Mesquida (pictured).

The investigation is still ongoing but local reports say carbon monoxide leaking from a faulty gas-powered fridge was the cause.

Sources say an autopsy concluded Jaime died of carbon monoxide poisoning, Metro reports.

Local newspaper Ultima Hora reports that the alarm was raised when the couple failed to show up for a boat trip.

Share this article

Latest News

Loading