Travel Gossip News is hiring!
Travel Gossip is a fast-growing B2B media brand in the travel industry.
We exist to support a strong, successful travel industry with travel agents at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking a full-time news reporter to join our award-winning news team.
The job involves sourcing, researching and writing mainly breaking news stories and occasional features.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to dig out interesting stories that are relevant to our readers and write well-researched content to tight daily deadlines.
As we are a small editorial team, once the candidate has completed their probationary period, they will be required to work alone on occasions, self-publishing and sending out a daily news email to our 10,000+ subscribers (50%+ daily email open rate).
The team works remotely most of the time, but the job does involve representing the company at events such as conferences, interviews, and launches – and generating stories from them.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to work in a friendly and exciting industry, as well as occasional foreign travel.
- An NCTJ-accredited qualification
- Min. 18 months experience reporting for online, daily publication
- Proven ability to write breaking news
- Proven ability to write short news features
- Be fast and accurate
- Available for 8am start, Monday to Friday
- Willing to attend travel industry events, many of which take place in central London
- Experience of reporting about the travel industry would be advantageous but not essential – the successful candidate will be expected to develop key contacts in the industry
- Social media expertise
- Video and podcasting experience
Email [email protected] if interested.