By using www.travelgossip.co.uk and/or the Travel Gossip Facebook Group ("the Travel Gossip Website/Group") you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site.
It is important that you review these terms and conditions from time to time. Notifications of any changes and updates made to these terms will be published here.
For the purposes of ease-of-
1. Your Responsibilities
1.1 When using Travel Gossip Facebook Group.
1.1.1 to keep your user name and password secure at all times and to contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have reason to believe that they may no longer be secure;
1.1.2 not to use any other user's identity to access the Travel Gossip Website/Group
1.1.3 to accept full responsibility for any material you place on www.travelgossip.co.uk
1.1.4 only to use the Travel Gossip Website/Group for lawful purposes;
1.1.5 not to post defamatory, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate comments, or to post comments which will constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, on the Travel Gossip Website/Group
1.1.6 not to use the Travel Gossip Website/Group to solicit other users to become users of competitive online services, to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose, or to promote any surveys, contests or chain letters without the express written permission of Travel Gossip Ltd
1.1.7 not to post or make available any material which is protected by copyright, trade mark or other proprietary right on the Travel Gossip Website/Group without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right and you will be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of the above. If you believe that any materials on this website infringe your copyright or trademark, you may request that they be removed. This request must be emailed with your name, address and telephone number along with any supporting information. For copyright issues relating to this website, please email: email@example.com
1.1.8 not to upload to the Travel Gossip Website/Group files that contain viruses or files or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information in the possession of Travel Gossip Ltd or any third party, and you will be solely responsible for any damages from any claims that may arise because you posted files that caused damage to the operation of another person's software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
1.1.9 to evaluate for yourself the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content on the Travel Gossip Website/Group
1.2.0 that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
2.1 When users submit material to the Travel Gossip Website/Group it is posted automatically. If our attention is drawn to problematic material we may remove any material which we deem to be inappropriate without giving reason or notice.Travel Gossip Ltd has a right but not an obligation to monitor user-posted content.
2.2 We may temporarily or permanently deny any user's access to the Travel Gossip Website/Group without reason or notice.
2.3 We may refer any matter to a law enforcement agency or Court of competent jurisdiction where we consider a matter is of a criminal or unlawful nature.
3. Public Content Posted to the Travel Gossip Website/Group
3.1 With respect to Content you elect to post for inclusion in publicly accessible areas of the Travel Gossip Website/Group including but not limited to comments, feedback, opinions, statements or material contained in any communication with this website, you grant the Travel Gossip, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish such Content. Such Content may be used without compensation at the sole discretion of Travel Gossip Ltd.
4. Your Identity and Licence
4.1 You acknowledge that (except where explicitly stated) materials shared on the Travel Gossip Facebook Group are not private and can be viewed by all Travel Gossip members who visit the group,
4.1 You acknowledge that (except where explicitly stated) materials shared on the Travel Gossip's event page are not private and can be viewed by anyone that visits the website.
4.3 You should take care to log off from Facebook when you have finished posting to the group to prevent anyone else accessing the group and using your log-on identity. This is particularly important where other people may use the same computer as you, such as in internet cafes. If you do not log off, you may be deemed to be the person viewing or posting material unless you can prove otherwise..
4.4 We reserve the right to reveal your identity and contact details to third parties if we believe that you may have breached any of the Terms.
4.5 For your own safety and security, we recommend that you do not disclose personal information such as your password, credit card number, home address, email address, phone number etc., on Travel Gossip Website/Group
4.6 By posting material on Travel Gossip Website/Group you grant all other users the right to obtain access to such material and to view, store and reproduce them for personal use.
5. Limitation of Liability and Exclusion of Warranties
5.1 You acknowledge that the author of each posting on Travel Gossip Website/Group is responsible for his or her posts / comments.
5.2 Insofar as the law permits, we shall not be liable for any loss, damage or distress incurred as a result of material posted on Travel Gossip Website/Group
5.3 We are not responsible for the accuracy, veracity or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on Travel Gossip Website/Group and such communications shall not be considered to be reviewed, screened, monitored, edited or approved by us.
6.1 You acknowledge that you are responsible for any material that you post on Travel Gossip Website/Group and that if you breach any of the Terms you may be personally liable to any third party that suffers harm as a result.
6.2 You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us, our successors and assigns, our directors, trustees, offices, employees and agents from and against all liabilities, claims, losses, costs, damages and expenses including legal fees which are reasonably incurred by us should you breach any of the Terms.
6.3 The indemnity detailed in clause 5.2 includes your use of the information you read on the Travel Gossip Website/Group, together with any introduction or collaboration that you enter into as a result of participating in Travel Gossip Website/Group
7.1 Links to other sites are accessed at your own risk and Travel Gossip Ltd accepts no liability for any linked sites. When you access another web site, please understand that it is independent and Travel Gossip Ltd has no control over the content of that web site. Further, a link to a non Travel Gossip Ltd web site does not mean that Travel Gossip Ltd endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or the use of such web site. Users must take their own precautions to ensure that what is selected for use is free of such items as viruses and other items of a destructive nature.
7.2 To the full extent permissible by law Travel Gossip Ltd shall have no liability for any damage or loss (including, without limitation, financial loss, loss of profits, loss of business or any indirect or consequential loss), however it arises, resulting from the use of or inability to use this website or any material appearing on it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the website or any such material.
8.1 Inclusion of any material in advertisements or sponsors' materials on this web site does not constitute any guarantee or endorsement as to the quality or value of any of the products advertised or any claims made for the product by the manufacturer. Any correspondence or dealings which you may have with advertisers or sponsors promoting themselves on this web site are solely between you and that party. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any such dealing or as a result of the presence of such advertisers on the web site.
9.1 We reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time without notice. The current version of the Terms can be accessed at http://www.travelgossip.co.uk/terms-conditions
9.2 The Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
9.3 Travel Gossip Ltd retains the right to change the layout, content or design of the website at any time without any prior warning.
11. Terms and conditions specific to Travel Gossip Facebook Group access
- Be respectful of other members: Insults, personal attacks or mean comments will be not tolerated and may result in you being suspended or banned from the group. If a post annoys you, simply scroll on. If you spot something wrong, please 'report' the post.
- Travel Gossip is for everyone in travel: We welcome anyone who sells travel or works for a company that sells services to travel companies - from newbies to experts. We welcome travel people between travel jobs. We also welcome retired travel people.
- Post nicely: No swearing, offensive language, rude images and no overlong rants full of CAPITALS!!
- Keep on-topic: Please only post about travel industry related subjects. We will delete any non-travel posts.
- Keep it fresh: We may remove any duplicate news stories or images. If you post disappears then it is likely to be a duplicate post.
- Keep it legal: Opinions are great but please avoid making comments that are false or could land you in trouble. Please refrain from posting any private information such as customer details. You are responsible for your own posts as per Facebook's terms & conditions, not Travel Gossip Ltd.
- Praise is welcome: You are welcome to give praise to suppliers where praise is due
- Commercial promotion: Members are welcome to post any kind of post (advert, job, event, news) into the Group but only one post per fortnight, please. If you are a supplier looking for more marketing oomph, please see our Premium Membership package. Please ensure your posts are different each week; we reserve the right to remove any repetitive posts.
Note: only one post per fortnight is allowed from the same company/consortium/association i.e. two people cannot promote the same organisation during the same fortnight.
- No Solicitation: Members should not use Travel Gossip to target other members to join their business, organisation or consortium, or use their services, or provide content e.g. via private message. Members CAN post public messages of a commercial nature (as per #6 above).
- Right to reply: company representatives are welcome to reply to comments left by members, whether those comments in response to positive or negative comments - or merely answering a question
- Final say: Travel Gossip Group administrators reserve the right to make the final decision as to what posts & comments are visible on the site. We regularly moderate contributions that go against the letter or spirit of these rules or our Terms & Conditions. If we do remove something, we will generally remove the whole post, or where necessary, whole threads (not parts). We also reserve the right to suspend or ban you from the group at our sole discretion.
- Your Posts: Travel Gossip is a closed Facebook group, but a group of 1000's of people. So please keep this is mind when you are posting. It’s not possible for someone to click ‘share’ your Travel Gossip post, but it’s simple enough to screen print it.
- Press coverage
Stories from Travel Gossip will often get picked up by the trade press and sometimes in the national press. We kindly ask that if journalists wish to cover a story originating from Travel Gossip, that they contact those they wish to quote and ask for permission first.
12. Terms and conditions relating to Event listings
12.1 By submitting details of your event to the Travel Gossip Events page http://www.travelgossip.co.uk/travel-industry-events/ you are requesting that your details will be displayed on the Travel Gossip Website.
12.3. Travel Gossip Ltd will occasionally add events to our website if we believe it would be of interest to our members. We will only list events which are in the public domain.
12.4 Travel Gossip seeks to keep information on the website as accurate as possible, however occasionally there may be errors or omissions. If you think there are any inaccuracies please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12.5 When you submit events they will appear automatically - we recommend that you check your details on the website in order to ensure accuracy. You are able to edit the event on-site.
12.6 Inclusion of any event information on Travel Gossip does not constitute any guarantee or endorsement as to the quality or value of the event. Any correspondence or dealings which you may have with event organisers promoting themselves on this website are solely between you and that party. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any such dealing or as a result of the presence of such event organisers on the web site.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.
Travel Gossip c/o Polaris3 Limited, Parkhill Business Centre, Walton Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 5DZ, ENGLAND