FACEBOOK GROUP RULES
Last Updated: 6th February 2018
The Travel Gossip Facebook group continues to grow each day, we love how it is so active and thank you for your continued support. Like any group this size, it is important that we set a few house rules and guidelines to help avoid any annoyances, upset or legal issues.
By being a member of the Travel Gossip Facebook Group, you agree to our website terms & conditions.
To save you reading the small print, here are the main rules for the group:
- Be respectful of other members: Insults, personal attacks or mean comments will be not tolerated and may result in you being suspended or banned from the group. We will also remove anyone found sharing posts outside of Travel Gossip or publishing negative comments about Travel Gossip (or its members) in other online forums or publications.
- Post nicely: No swearing; rudeness, offensive language; no overlong rants full of CAPITALS!!
- Keep on-topic: Please only post about travel industry related subjects. We may remove any posts which are not travel related including charity appeals.
- Keep it legal: Opinions are great but please avoid making comments that are false or could land you in trouble. Please refrain from posting any private information such as customer details. You are responsible for your own posts as per Facebook's terms & conditions, not Travel Gossip Ltd.
- Praise is welcome: You are welcome to give praise to suppliers where praise is due
- Commercial promotion: Members are welcome to post any kind of post (advert, job, event, news) into the Group but only one post per fortnight, please. If you are a supplier looking for more marketing oomph, please see our Premium Membership package. Please ensure your posts are different each week; we reserve the right to remove any repetitive posts.
Note: only one post per fortnight is allowed from the same company/consortium/association i.e. two people cannot promote the same organisation during the same fortnight.
- No Solicitation: Members should not use Travel Gossip to target other members to join their business, organisation or consortium e.g. via private message. Members CAN post public messages to encourage people to join their organisation (as per #6 above).
- Right to reply: company representatives are welcome to reply to comments left by members, whether those comments in response to positive or negative comments - or merely answering a question
- Final say: Travel Gossip Group administrators reserve the right to make the final decision as to what posts & comments are visible on the site. We regularly moderate contributions that go against the letter or spirit of these rules or our Terms & Conditions. If we do remove something, we will generally remove the whole post, or where necessary, whole threads (not parts). We also reserve the right to suspend or ban you from the group at our sole discretion.
- Your posts and the outside world
Please keep in mind that anything you post has the potential to reach thousands of Travel Gossip members; your peers, suppliers and travel journalists. We kindly ask that all journalists ask permission if they would like to quote a Travel Gossip member in a story and credit Travel Gossip as the source.
- Asking for help: Please respect other members by not clogging up their notifications with questions which either have been asked before or you can quickly find on Google. Use the Search function in the group to see if the question has been asked before.Please see our FAQs page for more info on Travel Gossip
Please do take time to read our general website terms and conditions. Notifications of any changes and updates made to these terms will be published here.